Friday, November 5, 2010
Last Monday we carved a couple of pumpkins for Halloween and put them outside on a chair near the front door.
On Saturday afternoon Alex told me he was sorry he broke the pumpkin.
When I checked it out I realized it had gotten so soft it fell in! I looked inside and it was furry with mildew.
No way was I putting my hand in there to rescue the candle. Everything went in the yard trash bin Saturday night.
Lesson: Jack-o-lanterns shouldn't be carved more than a day or two before Halloween in California.